THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN SUSPENDED. PLEASE CONTACT MAJOR ADVISING FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Applicant Eligibility: Students must have declared a Journalism major with a Strategic Communication track at the University of Minnesota OR have a comparable undergraduate program and professional experience reviewed and approved by the graduate studies committee (email email@example.com for information about this process).
All materials must be uploaded to the Graduate School Online Application. To get started, visit the graduate admission site. The application deadline is February 1, 2020.
*Please note that in the Graduate School Online Application, you will have to select "Fall 2020" as the start term, even though the program does not start until Summer 2021.
Application materials include:
- Graduate school online application and fee.
- A two- to three-page statement of purpose is where you articulate your interest in and preparation for the Health Communication MA. Your statement should describe your academic and professional interests and career goals. Your statement must include an argument for how the supporting courses taken (or that will be taken) to fulfill the requirement to develop an area of expertise outside the major prepare the you for successful completion of your MA. Your statement should also indicate how you think the program will help you achieve your goals.
- Unofficial transcript of your undergraduate work.
- Successful applicants typically have a 3.5 GPA for their undergraduate work. You can apply if your GPA is lower than 3.5 but you must add a narrative to argue why your GPA may not accurately indicate your readiness for the MA.
- One sample of academic writing and one sample of professional writing.
- A copy of your resume.
- Official GRE scores sent by ETS (you can apply without submitting GRE scores, but the scores must be reported by January 15)
- Two letters of recommendation that support your expected success and readiness for the Health Communication MA, one of which must come from an instructor or advisor.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org