The Hubbard School of Journalism and Mass Communication offers many ways for you to connect and network with your fellow alumni.
1. The Alumni Society Board is made up of 10 to 12 members who serve in 3-year terms. Members are drawn from the alumni community and represent both the journalism and strategic communication industries. The board oversees alumni awards, like the Award for Excellence and the Above the Fold Award, which recognizes outstanding alumni who are under 40.
2. Engage in networking opportunities with current students. We currently have three different options available; express interest in one, two, or all three!
- The Mentor Program matches professionals with currently enrolled students for a months-long connection.
- Networking Roundtables engage small groups of students with professionals for career exploration and networking conversations.
- Informational Interview Contacts are professionals who agree to have their name and email address on a list for students to contact for a one-time individual informational interview.
3. U of M Alumni Association events and activities including periodic Emerging Professionals Network events and U-wide Mentor Connection events.
5. Periodic enewsletters, sent out to more than 7,000 alumni with email addresses on file with the University of Minnesota Foundation.
6. Murphy Reporter, the School's alumni magazine, is published twice a year.
Connect with us!
If you're interested in becoming a mentor or connecting with the School in other ways, please fill out the form below.
Help Us Keep in Touch!
Moved? Changed email? New job? Help us keep up with you by updating your info now. Thank you!