The Hubbard School of Journalism and Mass Communication offers many ways for you to connect and network with your fellow alumni.
- The Alumni Society Board is made up of 10 to 12 members who serve in 3-year terms. Members are drawn from the alumni community and represent both the journalism and strategic communication industries. The board oversees alumni awards, like the Award for Excellence and the Above the Fold Award, which recognizes outstanding alumni who are under 40.
- The Mentor Program matches alumni volunteers with currently enrolled students. For the last three decades, the alumni board has made hundreds of mentoring matches, connecting juniors and seniors with professionals willing to share their experiences.
- U of M Alumni Association events and activities including periodic Emerging Professionals Network events and U-wide Mentor Connection events.
- Social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, offer places to connect with the School and past grads.
- Periodic enewsletters, sent out to nearly 6,000 alumni with email addresses on file with the University of Minnesota Foundation.
- Murphy Reporter, the School's alumni magazine, is published twice a year.
Connect with us!
If you're interested in becoming a mentor, please fill out the form below. If you want to connect with the School in other ways, please email email@example.com.
Help Us Keep in Touch!
Moved? Changed email? New job? Help us keep up with you by updating your info now. Thank you!